SQL Azure Database Monitoring is the collective tools, techniques and processes that help in monitoring operations and performance on SQL Azure Database. It provides insight into the utilization and statuses of different database elements and the means to ensure performance across all SQL Azure operations.
How SQL Azure Database Monitoring is used?
SQL Azure Database Monitoring is primarily used for;
- Availability Monitoring – Provides Database Administrators with means to identify and troubleshoot database latency and outages
- Optimize performance – Help in finding, fixing and optimizing bottleneck
- Session Management – Tracking connection counts, open sessions, and more.
How CloudMonix can help in SQL Azure Database Monitoring?
CloudMonix demystifies the utilization of SQL Azure performance tiers, database throughput units (DTUs), visualizes important metrics and tracks slowest areas. CloudMonix can monitor and automate SQL Azure by querying Dynamic Management Views, visualizing important performance metrics, exposing slowest queries, executing custom SQL scripts, and more.
With CloudMonix SQL Azure Database Monitoring Software, database administrators can;
- Track CPU, Read/Write utilizations and other key performance indicators
- Know when database resources reaches maximum capacity
- Get alerted for changes, outages, blocking queries and system slowdowns
- Define and track custom SQL metrics and trigger execution of custom SQL queries.