SQL Azure is the cloud hosted delivery mode of the Microsoft SQL Database in Microsoft Azure. It provides SQL Database services on a scalable and cloud hosted Azure environment via a database as a service (DBaaS) model.
How SQL Azure is used?
SQL Azure primarily powers up the SaaS and other applications hosted on Azure Service Platform. SQL Azure is commonly used to;
- Creating simple to complex cloud hosted database systems
- Elastic database model helps in pooling resources among a group of databases
- Automating the scaling of application across thousands of database
- Providing a fault tolerant database infrastructure with built in continuity options
What to monitor and automate in SQL Azure?
- Track CPU, Read/Write utilizations and other key performance indicators
- Know when maximum capacity is being reached
- Monitor any outages, blocking queries or system slowdowns
- Automatically Rebuild indexes
- Run maintenance jobs
- Execute automated custom SQL scripts
How CloudMonix can help in Monitoring and Automation SQL Database ( SQL Azure)
CloudMonix can monitor and automate SQL Azure by querying Dynamic Management Views, visualizing important performance metrics, exposing slowest queries, executing custom SQL scripts, and more.
SQL Azure Monitoring – CloudMonix keeps constant tabs on your most important asset: the database. It demystifies utilization of SQL Azure performance tiers, database throughput units (DTUs), visualizes important metrics and tracks slowest areas.
SQL Azure Automation – CloudMonix’s automation features for Microsoft Azure SQL Databases allow you to setup pre-programmed activities that are always at work to keep your database at optimal levels.