What is Azure Networking?
Azure Networking is referred to the collective Azure based network solutions and services provided by Microsoft Azure Cloud Services Platform.
Azure Networking solutions portfolio includes:
- Azure virtual network – create private network or connect on premises networks
- Azure load balancer – availability and network performance services
- Azure Express Route – dedicated network fiber connection to Azure
- Azure Traffic Manager – routing and managing incoming traffic
- Azure DNS – Host domain name in Azure
- Azure VPN Gateway – establish secure connectivity between premises
- Azure Application Gateway – deliver scalable websites and online services
What is Azure Networking used for?
Azure networking is used to deliver a comprehensive network delivery, monitoring and management solutions for delivering a cloud based hybrid ( for connecting local and cloud networks). By using Azure Networking solutions, an enterprise can deliver;
- A complete cloud based virtual network that can connect cloud and on premises networks
- Gateways for delivering applications, services and VPN
- Network load balancing and routing solutions
- Creating, deploying and managing websites